Located on Idaho Highway 71, 29 miles northwest of Cambridge, Idaho.
McCormick Park covers nine acres of beautifully maintained grass with lots of shade trees on the Idaho side of Oxbow reservoir.
Day use in the park is free. Amenities include the following:
- 28 RV sites with shared water, electric hookups (30-amp)
- 8 tent sites with shared water, electric hookups (30-amp)
- Restroom with showers (showers are not ADA accessible)
- Public pay phone (phone card required for non-local calls)
Did You Know?
Built in 1958, the park is named for Fred McCormick. McCormick worked for Idaho Power for 25 years and was chief engineer during construction. Oxbow got its name from a three-mile bend in the Snake River. To early settlers in the area, the bend in the river looked like the U-shaped frame that forms a collar around an ox’s neck.
Call 541-785-7251 to hear a recorded status update about the road condition between Oxbow and Hells Canyon Dam. This road is sometimes closed due to maintenance or road conditions.
There is a 14-day stay limit for all parks.
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time).
Only one camping unit (maximum eight persons) per designated campsite is permitted.
View a list of complete policies.
- Reservation fees are nonrefundable.
- If a reservation is canceled 14 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge.
- If a reservation is canceled 13 days or less prior to the arrival date, the camping fee will be refunded minus a $10 cancellation charge and the first night’s camping fee.
- Idaho Power does not issue refunds for acts of nature or reservoir operations, including, but not limited to: changing water levels, weather, smoke due to wildfire, insects, or algae blooms.
- To receive a refund for early departures, campers must cancel online or with the camp host. Idaho Power will issue a refund for the remaining days left on their reservation minus a $10 cancellation fee. Idaho Power will not issue refunds for campers who leave and do not contact the camp host. Early departures before 1 p.m. Mountain Time are entitled to a refund of that night’s camping fee. Early departures after 1 p.m. Mountain Time will not receive a refund for that night’s camping fee.
Get more information about other Idaho Power parks and campgrounds.
Contact Idaho Power:email@example.com