Last updated: Jan. 10, 2022
Introduction to our privacy practices
What kind of information does Idaho Power collect from site visitors?
When you visit the Idaho Power Site, Idaho Power may collect the following types of information:
- Statistical and usage information — Idaho Power receives and stores certain types of information when you interact with Idaho Power’s Site to monitor proper functionality, determine areas of continuous improvement, and to support Site analytics and marketing and customer service efforts. This is aggregated information and may include information on items such as: how many visitors come to the Site, how they navigate through the Site, which browsers they use, etc. To collect this information, we use tracking technologies such as cookies (as described below).
- Information you provide directly to us — When you directly submit personally identifiable information in online forms, registration forms, and surveys, or when you register on the Site to access your Idaho Power account information, Idaho Power may use that information to help Idaho Power identify you, authenticate you, provide services to you, and seek to provide you better service in the future. Examples of personally identifiable information that you may provide directly to us on our Site include your name, mailing or service address, telephone number, email address, account number, bank account or credit card numbers, Social Security Number and driver’s license number.
- Information we obtain from other sources — We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as from a credit check performed when you apply for certain Idaho Power services.
- Information we collect automatically — We may also collect information by automated means, such as information about the devices you use to access the internet (e.g., the IP address and the type of the device, operating system and browser); dates, times and duration of visits to the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and information associated with actions taken on the Site (such as page views and areas of the Site navigated to). Additionally, when you access the Site using a mobile device, including via our mobile application, we may collect and process real-time information about the location of your device. If you initially permit the collection of this precise location information from your mobile device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. Disabling the collection of precise location may limit your ability to use certain features of our Site on your mobile device. Additionally, disabling the collection of precise location from your mobile device will not limit our ability to infer your approximate location from your IP address.
Note that you may be able to sign into your account on our mobile application using the features native to your mobile device that use touch and face verification to authenticate you. While Idaho Power is notified by your device whether authentication is successful, any face or fingerprint authentication information is stored and processed by your mobile operating system provider, and Idaho Power does not have access to this information.
How does Idaho Power use the information it collects?
Idaho Power uses your information to provide requested services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests; help you quickly find and/or receive information about Idaho Power or one of its affiliated companies; register and service your account; make electronic payments on your account; administer surveys; provide customer service; improve the content of our Site; operate, evaluate, and improve the products and services we offer; alert you to updated information and services; protect the security or integrity of our Site and our business; enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements with you; comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and answer your questions; and carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Idaho Power may share personally identifiable information you provide to us in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- Making the information available to third parties who are providing a product, service, or information that you have requested;
- Making the information available to third parties who provide services to Idaho Power, such as third parties performing computer-related services, bank account or credit card payment processing, employment services, credit reporting, or debt collection (in the event of account default);
- To identify and authenticate visitors, for example, to determine if you are an account holder;
- When Idaho Power believes that disclosure of the information is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding any illegal activities, interference with the operation of our Site, application or enforcement of our Terms and Conditions and other agreements with you or protection of the rights, property, or safety of Idaho Power, users of the Site, or others;
- When we are required to do so by federal or state law, subpoena, or court order, at the request of state or federal regulatory agencies or commissions, or as we believe is legally appropriate or necessary (for example, with lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests); and
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale or transfer of company assets, financing, reorganization or restructuring.
We may also combine the information we collect with publicly available information and with that of other users of the Site. For example, we may use your and other users’ non-identifiable, aggregated data to improve the services we offer, for statistical analysis, and for other business purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Email communications from Idaho Power
In addition to communicating via email regarding your specific needs and requests, we may also communicate with you regarding relevant news and information about rates, products, services, promotions and other items of interest through use of email communication. If you do not wish to receive email communication from Idaho Power, please Contact Us to request removal from Idaho Power’s electronic mailing lists or follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in each email. Otherwise, we will presume email is an acceptable and effective means of communicating with you. Please note that you may not opt-out of certain forms of service-related communications.
We and those that perform work for us may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about you.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can review and change your information by logging into your account or by contacting us as described below.
Linked websites and social networks
Idaho Power’s Site contains links to various other websites and social media pages of third parties. Please be aware that these other websites have privacy policies and terms and conditions that differ from those of Idaho Power. We recommend that you review the privacy practices and policies and terms and conditions of those external websites. Idaho Power is in no way responsible for either the content of those linked websites or your privacy once you have linked onto other websites. Any use of external links is at your sole discretion.
Idaho Power’s right to change privacy policies and practices