A ducted air source heat pump is an efficient electric home heating and cooling system.
How Does it Work?
A ducted air source heat pump uses traditional air ducts and vents throughout a home to distribute warm or cool air. To heat a home, it absorbs heat from the outdoor air, then moves the heat to the air handler to circulate warm air throughout the home. During the summer it absorbs heat from the home then moves the heat to the outdoor unit to dissipate it.
|Existing System||New System||Incentive|
|Air Source Heat Pump||Air Source Heat Pump||$250|
|Electric Forced Air Furnace||Air Source Heat Pump*||$800|
|Electric Baseboards, Ceiling Cable, Wall Units||Air Source Heat Pump*||$800|
|Propane Forced Air Furnace||Air Source Heat Pump**||$400|
|Oil Forced Air Furnace||Air Source Heat Pump**||$400|
And to save even more, you may also qualify for a federal tax credit. Visit the ENERGY STAR Tax Credits For Homeowners page to learn more. Please note Idaho Power is not affiliated with these federal tax credits.
*Supplemental heat for heat pumps must be electric.
**Home must be in an area where natural gas is not readily available.
How do I Qualify?
- You must be an Idaho Power residential customer, and either a homeowner or property owner.
- Your home must be single-family site-built, manufactured, duplex, triplex or fourplex.
- Your home can be a primary residence, vacation home or rental.
- New system minimum efficiency must be 8.5 HSPF or 7.2 HSPF2.
- A maximum of two incentives per home.
How do I Apply?
- Review the Terms and Conditions.
- Contact a Participating Contractor, and let them know you wish to apply for the incentive.
- Your Participating Contractor reviews the requirements with you and installs the heat pump.
- Your Participating Contractor completes and submits all the necessary forms with your assistance.
- Receive a check upon application review and approval.
Participating Contractor Info
Documents for the Participating Contractor to Submit
For assistance with a PDF on this page or to request a PDF in an alternate format, please contact Customer Service at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151