Idaho Power installs and operates a load control device(s) which provide the ability to send a signal that controls the associated irrigation pump(s) automatically.
Service points with at least 1,000 cumulative HP or that have limited communication availability are eligible for the Manual Dispatch options. Customers under this classification choose to manually control which pumps are turned off during a Load Control Event.
- Standard – load-control event hours between 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Extended – load-control event hours between 3:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m
- Load control events can occur Monday through Saturday (excluding holidays) between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. for the standard option and between 3p.m. and 11 p.m. for the extended option.
- During the program season, Idaho Power will conduct a minimum of three load control events.
- Load control events can occur up to four hours per day, up to 16 hours per week but no more than 60 hours per season.
- Customers have the option to opt out of a load control event by calling the program office at 208-388-2534 preferably 1 hour before scheduled load control event, although calling up to or during an event is allowed.
- Each opt-out event incurs an opt-out fee of $6.25 per billed demand (kW).
- Participant’s equipment may be turned off outside of Peak Rewards program parameters without compensation in the unlikely event of a system emergency.
- Yes – all irrigation pumps are eligible, including those that have not participated in the past.
- If your pump has not been in the program in the past and is 30 HP or less, there is a one-time fee of $500.00 to enroll.
- Participants receive a financial incentive for participating in the program. The incentive includes a fixed demand credit of $5.25 per billed demand (kW) and a fixed energy credit of $0.008 per billed kWh.
- Variable incentive payments are paid after the 4th load control event and any additional load control events thereafter, for the season.