Scams targeting Idaho Power customers — both homes and businesses — have been on the rise lately. The most recent scam involves a call demanding immediate payment or service will be disconnected. The scammers spoof Idaho Power’s phone number, so it appears the call is coming from Idaho Power. It is not.
Idaho Power reminds customers to be vigilant against scams and keep the following tips in mind:
- Idaho Power never demands immediate payment over the phone.
- Idaho Power does not request payment through pre-paid cards, sometimes called Green Dot Cards, or using QR codes.
- Customers should only pay or drop off payments at designated locations. Idaho Power offers a variety of convenient payment options.
- Payment arrangements may be available if your account is overdue. Call Customer Service at the number below to explore your options.
- Customers can manage their accounts, make payments and check account balances using My Account.
For more information on scams, visit idahopower.com/scam.