During National Agriculture Week, March 21–27, Idaho Power reminds agricultural customers — and everyone working outside — to stay safe this spring when working near power lines:
- Assume all power lines are energized and dangerous.
- When moving irrigation pipes, ladders or other equipment, always look up for power lines and use a spotter.
- Carry pipes horizontally, not vertically.
- Keep yourself and any equipment at least 10 feet away from power lines — this includes water from sprinklers or hoses.
- Don’t store materials under or near power lines.
Keeping these tips top of mind can help avoid potential power outages, costly repairs and serious injuries.